Wednesday, March 9, 2011

GAME Plan



GAME Plan 1

Goals: I would like to provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching. (NETS-T 2d)(International Society for Technology in Education, 2008)

Action: I am going to talk with my mentor teacher and ask about how they provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments. I will also do some research on the different types of assessments I can provide for my students through online research.

Monitor: Did I talk with my mentor teacher? Did the mentor teacher provide me with answers for how they implement different assessments? Did I research different types of assessments? Do these assessments fit in with the curriculum I teach? Are these assessments going to be effective for my students?

Evaluate & Extend: Determine which assessments will work best in my classroom and which assessments fit in with each lesson plan. Discuss my findings with my mentor teacher and show them what I plan to do to incorporate these assessments in my classroom.



GAME Plan 2

Goals: I would like to collaborate with students, peers, parents and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation. (NETS-T 3b)(International Society for Technology in Education, 2008)

Action: I am going to contact peers, parents and community members and ask for them to meet with me and discuss different ways we can collaborate to support our students through the use of digital tools. I am going to research schools across the nation that has collaboration partnerships and see how they support their students. Setup collaboration partnerships that will allow my students to utilize community members to help support their success and innovation through the use of digital tools. Talk with school administrators and discuss the implementation process of a collaborative partnership.

Monitor: Did I meet with peers, parents and community members to discuss ways of supporting our students? Are these supporters willing to commit to supporting students? Do we have the resources available to support our students? What types of things do the supporters bring to the table? What are other schools doing?

Evaluate & Extend: Determine if there is a strong support system ready to go and in place for my students learning. Continue to talk with supporters about other ideas and options we have available to us. Continue to research digital tools and how they can be used in collaboration with supporters of students. Discuss with school administrators all of the research I have looked at and the information I have gathered from the supporters.

References
International Society for Technology in Education, Initials. (2008). Nets for teachers 2008. Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers/nets-for-teachers-2008.aspx

4 comments:

  1. Laura,

    I like your ideas for Game Plan 2, and if you remember you set up something that I think will work really well in this area (http://technology-and-the-classroom.wikispaces.com/). This Wikispaces.com site would be a great way for you to set up a collaboration between yourself, the students and their parents. This allows everyone access to their class and work together to come up with ways to support each other. I know that you are capable of setting up something like this since you created that page for our group nearly a year ago.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony,

    I appreciate your comments. I have already started looking into different options of collaborating with students, parents, peers and community members. I agree that a Wiki is one of the best options out there for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    Due to the problems we're having with Blogger (see my email if you haven't already), I wanted to post a short response to see if it would stick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura-

    For Game Plan 1, I think that referring to your mentor is a great idea. Asking colleagues for suggestions is such a simple and powerful way to gain new and tested ideas, yet oftentimes I think we overlook the option. I hope it brings you success!

    Have a good week,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete